Urea Formaldehyde Concentrate (UFC-85) is a complex equilibrium mixture that includes bound and free formaldehyde, impurities (methanol – no more than 0.3 %) and water.
It has the following quality indicators:
- mass content of total formaldehyde - 60
- mass content of total urea - 25 %
- mass content of methanol - no more than 0.3%
- Buffer capacity - no more than 12 ml
- Viscosity - no more than 80 S
- Appearance - homogeneous viscous colorless liquid (10 – 30 APHA color grade).
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
Urea Formaldehyde Concentrate is used as a raw material in the manufacture of industrial resins for furniture production, woodworking, and as an anticaking additive when processing granulated nitrogen fertilizers.
The advantage of using UFC in comparison with formalin is the convenience of its transportation over long distances with a sufficiently high content of formaldehyde.